Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter

This Easter we had an egg hunt on Saturday morning as a family.  We like to do our egg hunts on Saturday so that on Sunday we can focus on the Christian reasons we celebrate Easter.  We had a few Family Home Evenings on Passover and the Resurrection.  I think Alden got it...I'm not sure how much the other two internalized.  Still, every time we asked the kids why we celebrate Easter, Alden responded with "Um, to hunt eggs?" :-)

On Saturday evening, we got together with some neighbors for a barbecue.  We brought a dozen eggs for each kid and pooled them all together for a big hunt.

 Eli often gets goofy around his friends.  I think he's unsure of how to act so he starts to be silly. :-)


 This is Alden's "Say Cheese!" face.

 Enjoying our spoils afterward.
 Alden managed to get Twix in 11 of his 12 eggs, which was quite amazing considering each parent brought a dozen eggs for each of their kids in the hunt and we pooled all those eggs together before all the Dads went and tossed them around the playground.

0 comments: