Alden just turned six. SIX! I can't believe it. We celebrated his birthday with a Transformers party.
This is the lamest cake I've made since being a mom. I was crazy busy this week and at the last minute, I tried to find some Transformers to put on top of the cake and, of course, I couldn't find anything but one unfamiliar Decepticon. So...Alden got cupcakes. But they were rainbow cupcakes!
I don't know what he wished for because for weeks he's been blowing on dandelions, wishing for a good birthday party. :-)
Alden was totally spoiled by friends and family. There was definitely a Transformers theme going on in the gifts. Notice the hat he's wearing? Grandma Brunson tucked that into the gift she sent - it used to be Jaron's youngest brother James'. Alden pretty much hasn't taken that hat off since! Okay, he has taken it off because at one point, Eli was wearing it and I told him he would have to take it off at some point because it might need to be washed. Eli told me I couldn't wash it because "it smells like hunting and fishing."
After food and presents, we set out on a "secret Transformers mission." I made mission foldera for the kids out of manilla folders and Transformers mazes and puzzles from a coloring book. On the back of the folders was a Transformers bingo game I got from the internet.
After manilla folder "training," we set off to solve the secret mission: Find the Allspark. We had a treasure map that showed us where the Allspark was hidden in the backyard. Turns out the Allspark was a pinata (ahem, an oatmeal box wrapped in black paper, drawn on to look like an Allspark. Classy, I know. Like I said: It was a busy week! :-D)
Let me tell you, that oatmeal box was one sturdy thing. After all the kids had a go, we had my official party helpers, Katie and Maddie, take some swings.
They couldn't quite bust into it so Jaron showed us HOW IT'S DONE.
All in all, the party was a success.
A few days later, I snapped this picture of Gracen and her buddy Noah. I love how Gracen is wearing Alden's camo hat and his new bow and arrows belt. Noah is covered in black paint or marker. These two are sooooo cute to watch together! Everytime Noah walks up to the back door, Gracen invites her in and then says, "Come on, Noah - up to my room!" And they toddle up to make a mess. How cute are they?!
5 comments:
What a good mom you are. I can't believe he is six. It goes so fast.
Oh six! Kind of a devestating age isn't it?? I'm thinking it might be this way every birthday for the rest of our children's lives...
Tell Jaron he's the MAN!!! Superb form and I'm sure the kids were thrilled by the destruction!
I love Gracen, and love seeing her interact socially. She's such a little Becky.
I JUST WANT TO VISIT YOU!!!
Happy 6th Birthday Alden!!! Love you and your family!!!
What an amazing and creative party! You are such a super mom!
Looks like fun! Time sure does fly. It seems like just yesterday we were in the North Brighton and you had him. Your kids are getting so big and are so cute. Hope all is well. Sounds like you are busy!
Post a Comment