The parks and rec department in our city is absolutely awesome. It is one of the things I am really going to miss when we leave! We have been able to take advantage of lots of classes at discounted rates while we've lived here. This fencing class has probably been the kids' favorite. The class was only 3 students and there was often two teachers teaching the kids. Both Alden and Eli had a lot of fun.
Every day on the way to class we would drive across the bridge next to this walking bridge and the kids would ask to go on it.
In my opinion, it was actually a little scary standing above 8 lanes of traffic flying under us.
Make that 4 lanes of traffic flying by - it was rush hour and a traffic jam developed while we were on the bridge. Aren't you so glad this isn't your commute?!
Sometimes little things like a walking bridge are such a big deal to little ones. :)
And here's a belly pic that Alden snapped for me one morning. 33 weeks! People are starting make the usual comments, "Are you due any day?" "Are you having twins?" "Wow! Your belly is big!"
Even the kids have started throwing in their opinions. Gracen's favorite line is "Wow, mom, your belly is big!" Both boys have told me in the last week not to worry - I'm only fat because of the baby. :)
Haha. I just keep holding on to the excuse that I have about an extra liter of amniotic fluid from baby working the fluid out of his body.
Baby is doing really, really well! I have 2-3 appointments a week for ultrasounds and non-stress tests (where they monitor the heart rate for 20 minutes, looking for signs of a normal rhythm). I have been weaned off one of the medications and am only taking one now. Last week, baby had totally worked the hydrops (fluid) out of his body, which is a big deal because it drastically improves his prognosis at birth. We've been consulting the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors about our upcoming move and now that baby is doing so well, we have decided that we will move before baby comes instead of after.
Even with a completely healthy baby, moving 2 weeks after his birth would have been crazy. Now that we're not sure of baby's prognosis, we've had a lot of new factors to consider with the move. SVT is something that is often cured during the drop through the birth canal or with medical intervention in the first few weeks of life. However, our case is unusual since it took so long for baby's heart to convert down and it is suspected that baby may have an electrical problem in the heart that will need treatment at birth. If so, we have decided that it will be better for our family to be settled in our new home before baby comes.
We are so incredibly grateful that we matched to one of the two places that has MFM, neonatologists, and pediatric cardiologists in the city! We'll move as soon as Jaron's done his rotation this month (and, yes, that puts me at 37 weeks!). Life is going to be CRAZY for the next few months!!
8 comments:
That is so fun. Did you know that back in the day when I was at Ricks, I took a semester long fencing class. You'd be amazed at how much of a work out it is. It was so much fun though. I'm so glad that baby is doing well and hope your move goes well.
Oh and I think you are super cute pregnant.
I think it is so awesome that you have had so many opportunities to do fun things like that with your kids. There's NOTHING like that around here.
You look SO GOOD. Seriously Becky. You look awesome. Definitely pregnant, but I don't think you look ready to deliver and definitely don't look like you're having twins. You look great!
Wow, I think you have been stuck between a rock and a hard place. No matter what you choose, moving is going to be hard at this time in your life. But I'm glad you'll be able to get a little settled in before baby comes. And I'm so glad he's doing better! And hey, I'm glad you'll be somewhat closer to us again. I think you guys will need to plan a vacation to Yellowstone sometime and we'll meet you there! ;)
Becky! I think you look great. Please let me know how I can help. I can help pack, bring dinner, watch kids, and Doug is good at moving heavy things. We will miss you!
Yes, I echo the comments - I think you look fabulous!
I think the moving before baby is a smart thing. It will be crazy, but at least you'll be settled. Just make sure you don't pull an Alden and have this baby at 37 weeks!
Love you!
Also, when you said "fencing" in your title, I thought you meant fencing like the kind of work Tyler does. Haha. I was SO wrong!
Bless that little babe of yours. I did a move (well within the same city) when I was 37 weeks and the only upside is you have an excuse not to do all the actual moving. You look great by the way.
What a crazy ride you've had! It was so nice to see you and catch up a little a few weeks ago -- I'm so glad things are going well!!! Good luck with everything coming in the next few months - if anyone can do it, you can!
Becky you look amazing! I can't believe anyone would think you look big! Especially too big! I'm glad to read that your pregnancy is progressing well!
Post a Comment