Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spring Dance Recital

There is definitely a spectrum of dance classes to put kids in.  At one end, I'd say there's the dance class that my sister's kids are in (for lack of variety - they live in Saskatchewan!).  Their dance class makes them sign a legal contract saying they won't miss many classes.  Then they have to pay for class uniform, recital fees, and pretty high class fees.

On the other end of the spectrum is Gracen's dance.  She goes to a neighbor's house in our church's ward boundaries.  We pay $20 a month for weekly classes and the recital fee ranges from $5-$10.  It's great for us and Gracen loves it!  She misses it SO much now that it's ended.

The spring recital's theme was Despicable Me and the girls dressed up as minions.  We were pretty much on our own as far as costume with the guidelines of a yellow shirt and denim shorts or overalls.  I rigged up this little minion eyeball headband at the last minute.
 The day had run away with me and I jumped out of the shower RIGHT before we left for the recital. I asked Jaron if it was ok to wear my bangs (that I'm growing out) side-swept.  He said yes but...when I got home I realized they were quite on the side of 70sish, haha.  
 Cute little Gracen, waving her hips around.  Love this girl!

 Gracen and her teacher, Miss Becky.

0 comments: