Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Friday Frenzy

So I was blog cruising the other day and I noticed that on everyone's blog who has mine linked with a live feed it was like a billboard advertising our whole little eviction fiasco. So, I decided I'd better post another, more uplifting (and better PR) post!

A couple of weeks ago our ward had Friday Frenzy (aka Super Saturday but on Friday night). It was the first one I've been to since I was maybe a MiaMaid and went with my mom. It was so much fun! This is what I made:

This is a growth chart, made from a simple board and some vinyl lettering. Cute or what? I thought it'd come in handy. Unfortunately, the drill was broken so it's as of yet an unfinished project. I still need to a) locate someone with a garage and a drill, b) drill two holes at the top and c) tie ribbon through the holes to hang it by. How many weeks do you think it will take me to do that?


These harvest blocks were a lot of fun to make. The gal in charge of them had gotten paint that was basic, bright colors so I had fun mixing the paints to make my own, "harvesty" colors. (And yes, that little fuzzy thing at the bottom of the picture is Eli's head - too funny.)

Yay for Super Saturdays, a day when I get to pretend that I'm crafty!!

**I forgot to add the best part: The growth chart reads, "Enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." (Thanks Carrie!)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Since you posted your eviction scare I have been soooo paranoid about my kids being loud!! 2 boys must be too loud to live with shared walls- I just know we're next & adding a 3rd..... we're doomed :) luckily we don't have neighbors below us- poor Alden! Even though moving will be a PAIN I hope it makes life happier for everyone- esp. YOU!
btw- what does it say between the 5 & 6 foot mark? Your projects look so good! & you are in "crafty woman" denial, because you totally are!

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Nice craftiness. I don't think that I could even make those crafts. I don't have a crafty bone in my body. Anyway, You've been tagged. Check out my blog for details

Me :) said...

I have been peeking in on your blog for a while now and you have such a cute family!! You all look like you have a lot of fun. I have a blog too but it is private so email me and I will send you an invite to our blog. My email is boandbria@hotmail.com

Andrea said...

great crafts. It looks like so much fun. Now I have to find time for the tag. I am so bad at those. Thanks for thinking of me. I enjoyed our conversation the other day.