Saturday, October 25, 2008

Update on the eviction thing...

Man it is great to have fabulous friends who give you the benefit of the doubt and stand behind you! Thank you everyone for your comments and advice.

I went down to the office this morning to tell the office lady we needed a copy of our "notice" (which they took from us yesterday) in case we later need to take some kind of legal action and the lady in the office was sure singing a different tune today. She kept saying, "Oh, you'll never actually be evicted." So, I'm thinking, why are you sending out notices that makes it sound like we will? Sheesh! She said they're going to try to get us moved to a first floor apartment and will see about graciously waving the apartment transfer fee ($250). Do I sound annoyed? Sorry, but I am! Moving would be rough because, well, we'll have to haul all our junk somewhere else AGAIN. But, it would actually be a very good thing because it would completely change the atmosphere of our home. No more constantly getting after Alden for being a toddler! I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Hallelujah!!! We had the same sort of problem when we first moved to KC and lived in an old apt. building with wood floors instead of concrete. It was so nice to move to another apt. (in the same complex) and not have to worry anymore!!! I'm glad things are a little better today, you've been on my mind all night! :D

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Oh I'm so sorry you guys are having to go through this. If they have you move I would be as loud as I could possibly be while doing so. Although I'm a little vindictive.

DeAnna said...

From a landlords point of view, they'd have to prove the "noise" before they can "evict" you. Which is not an easy thing to do and unless you have great sound recording equipment it is darn near impossible especially since the complaint is just kid noise.

I don't know what the tenancy laws are like down there, but there has to be a state or city law that prevents landlords from bullying you into things like moving floors. They knew you had kids when you moved in and that a certain amount of kid noise is to be expected. Well that is my rant for your cause. Hope everything works out for the best!! Good luck!