Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day of School

The first day of school pic didn't turn out so great this year - it's a little squinty-eyed. And that is milk from breakfast on his shorts.  And since we're being honest, so what if it was taken the third day of school, not the first?!  Haha, we'll plan better next year - like an afternoon pic if the school faces the rising sun. :)
And, just to compare last year's pic:
It astounds me how big this boy is sometimes!  Today was his first full day of school ever and I think I had a harder time today than I did on his first day of kindergarten.  I feel like I hardly saw him (because I didn't!).  I'm having a hard time accepting that the bulk of his time will now be spent outside the home. :(

I miss him just thinking about it!  Love this boy TO BITS!!

4 comments:

Lisha said...

He's getting so big! Hopefully the situation gets easier as the school year progresses :(

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

I'm so not looking forward to this. Monday is Lilly's first day and they have full day Kindergarten here. I'm gonna miss my bug. I don't like this whole growing up thing they are doing.

AKutarna said...

It would be bittersweet for sure. I'm going to have such a hard time when that day comes for me too.

Andrea said...

that was a really hard adustment for me, but my kindergartners went all day. I am glad Isaac only goes for half. I really can't believe he is in first grade. He is so cute.