Friday, August 10, 2012

Reprieve

We've FINALLY had a reprieve from the seemingly unending heat.  For weeks and weeks we've had 100+ degree weather, broken rarely by a 90 degree day here and there.  Hot, hot, hot, and humid and DRY...if that makes any sense.  The heat is still the clothing penetrating humid stuff but we haven't had rain in way too long.  I was talking to someone who has lived in the Kansas City area for decades and he said he's never seen the grass and vegetation succumb to the heat like it has this year.

But the forecast calls for 80's for the next few days and we're going to enjoy it!  The A/C is off, the windows are open and we're playing outside!!

 We're so blessed to have so many playmates right outside our back door.



 And as always, Alden's willing to share his concoction.

P.S.  How many more days until the Olympics end?!  This is getting embarrassing.
(Yes, the current gold medal count is USA: 39, Canada: ONE.)

4 comments:

veryterry said...

wow, I feel like a wimp. I start complaining when it gets above 85 here. I sure do love following your blog! So impressed with all you do. You are one of the super-moms I seriously look up to. :) By the way...have you ever had Blogger tell you that you must buy more storage for pictures? I just got told that and so I haven't done any posts lately. Is my only option to upload at lower image quality?

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

we feel your pain with the heat. a lot of our area has been on fire due to the extreme dry. We're getting a little reprieve too but only into the low 90s hope things cool down soon.

veryterry said...

Thanks, Becky. Good to know. I guess 5 dollars isn't too bad. better than my family getting on my case for not posting pictures! :) I actually do really enjoy putting up pictures in blog posts so I should just go for it and get extra storage. have a nice day!

Andrea said...

Love the count. What a fun idea. Oh how I miss having friends out our back door.