Thursday, July 17, 2014

Good-bye Lunch

It has been fo-eva since I wrote on the good ole blog here.  In the past month we have moved, been terribly sick, and taken a trip to Canada, none of which I have sufficient photos of and the photos are scattered on the cameras, phones, and ipod.  It's a daunting task for this ole' girl but hopefully I'll be able to catch up in the coming weeks.

Before we left Boise, my sweet friend Marilyn offered to do a going away party for us.  We made plans and an email list and then...Jaron flat out refused to participate.  Yes, he is just that antisocial.  So we quickly cancelled it all and changed it to a laid back lunch at the park for the mommas and kids.  One of my BIGGEST regrets is not getting pictures from my going away party in Kansas but Marilyn was great to snap some with me and the lovely ladies before we left.

I cannot believe how truly blessed I am with friendships everywhere we move to.  Each of these women have taught me something along the way!  Love them!


Note to self: remove sunglasses for pictures.  Oi.

Alyssa, April, Amber, Moi, Dana, Leslie
Marilyn, Nikki, Vicki 

Somehow I missed getting individual pictures of everybody but here's who I did get:

Nikki, who I could and would talk for HOURS with.

Summer, my sweet neighbor and running motivation! 

 Holly,  a sweet and helpful friend!

 Marie, who is truly one of the best people I've ever known.  Her son, Lincoln, and Gracen are betrothed.  We'll be in contact 18 years or so down the road.

 Marilyn, whom I visit taught but who definitely served me more!

Vicki, who is the kind of friend that she bought and shipped me Canadian chocolate bars during a tough time.  Her daughter, Chloe, and Gracen were besties so we would swap babysitting one day a week to give each other a day "off."

This picture was taken in the midst of the ginormous job that is cleaning a house when you're moving.  No makeup, probably no shower.  But my great friend Sara sure looks great!

So grateful for each of these ladies in my life!!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like such a fun group! I really regret not getting pictures like that with all my friends in Casper. I'll definitely be taking pictures before we leave Cowley.

If we weren't in the middle of a move I would LOVE to come visit you! It would be such a blast. I don't know if you ever head in the direction of Utah but we'd love to have you come visit us too!

Oh, and we looked for jobs in Idaho. I would have rather gone to Idaho than Utah. Danen even looked into a job in Idaho Falls - how fun would that have been! - but they didn't contact him back about an interview before things started moving along with the job he just took.