One day on Facebook I saw that our good friends and Kansas neighbors the Dunlaps were visiting Idaho for their annual family reunion. We made plans to meet up with them the next day. We both surprised our kids by not letting them know who we were meeting. It was hilarious because literally the day before Gracen had been asking me when we'd go to Kansas to visit Ella and I'd broken the news to her that it would probably be never. She cried. :(
At first I don't think Ella recognized us. But her and Gracen picked up right where they left off, as did the boys and Gideon.
There was thunder at the hot springs so we kept having to leave but the kids had a blast.
Alden and Eli are so brave. They loved this yellow slide. Eli came mighty close to getting on the white, straight down one. But see the kid in the right-hand picture? Yeah, that's the reason we don't ride slides like that. ;)
I didn't get any pictures of the awesome baby pool there but it was just that - awesome. It was warm as a bathtub with plenty of climbing and spray things. Reed loved it.
He had no interest in getting into the big pool, though. Just wanted to toddle around the deck with me at his heels. Good thing I'd follow this cute cheery face anywhere.
Gracen really wanted to do this red slide. She was nervous so I took her up the stairs the first time and then she was off to the races. She went again and again and again!
Miss you, Dunlap family!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment