I can't hardly believe it but Alden is nine. NINE. !!
We threw him a mad scientist party because he is way into sciencey stuff and building stuff (and we found some snap circuits for a wicked deal in the after Christmas clearance. I'm cheap enough to plan ahead like that. :D).
We started with a booth at the front door where the kids "scanned in" and received their badges and a lab coat (a cut up garbage sack).
Look - I made it on the blog! Now that is one good lookin' mad scientest! ;)
We built atoms from toothpicks and gum drops and did a bunch of experiments which included blowing up soap in the microwave, instant freeze ice, floating candy letters, and a centripetal force demonstration using a penny and a clear balloon.
Thank goodness kids at this age are still easily impressed.
We seemed to have picked a bad Friday for the party, though. Only 3 out of 9 guests were able to make it.
We finished up the party with the snap circuits which everybody loved. I highly recommend that toy - so much educational play value!!
Lastly, the kids went home with their elemental treat bags, a booklet explaining the experiments we did, and the supplies to do the experiments again themselves at home. Alden had fun dropping off the bags to everyone who wasn't able to make it to the party.
I am in utter and complete denial that Alden is nine. Alden is a really obedient kid and a great














2 comments:
You are so creative and fun! I need to get your advice next time I do a birthday party.
I love your ideas!! You are such a great and creative mom I love your mad scientist picture.
Post a Comment