Friday, May 22, 2015

Reed the Rager

I've fallen so far behind in blogging that it's been too daunting to try to catch up so I've been avoiding it.  Funny how that works, isn't it? How counterproductive. :D

Reed has been quite the rage these last few months.

These three were all taken in one day - texts I sent Jaron when Reed refused to nap and subsequently cried/screamed for 3.5 hours straight.  Do I look a little frazzled there? Yeah, I am! I wanted to cry too at that point!!
 In the left picture he is dumping his bedding out of the crib so he doesn't have to nap.  
When I look at the right picture, I can hear the rage.  And yes, he did slam that door on my face. But that picture still makes me want to wrap him up in a big hug and rock him.  Nonetheless, his new nickname is Reed the Rager.

He can also be the cutest little small fry ever.  And we're all just putty in his hands!!

Reed will not go to sleep these days without first being rocked in the rocking chair, much preferably by mom.  He loves a song while we rock and will pick up my hand and put it on his hair so that I'll scratch his scalp while we rock. Haha.  I'm definitely going to miss our rocking when he decides he's too big for it.

He LOVES his little strider bike and rides it inside and outside a lot.
 He also loves back scratches and Chobani yogurt flips. (It's a good thing our neighbor works at Chobani and spoils us with boxes of the good stuff frequently.  Otherwise, I'd be in the poor house because of yogurt!)
 I'll never forget Jaron holding newborn Reed and whispering into his ear that he hopes Reed will be athletic. :D  It seems to be working so far.  Reed is surprisingly coordinated for his age and won't let the big boys do sports without him.


 Oatmeal.  All down his jammies.  
It is quite amazing how messy of an eater this kid manages to be. 
He was so proud of his mess. 
Love, love, love him!

1 comments:

Denison's said...

I am so far behind on my blog too, you have been doing great catching up though. Sorry about that day with Reed! He is so adorable the things he likes while you rock him. I wish Sam let me rock him.