Sunday, January 24, 2016

Reed and Addie, Addie and Reed

These two are so. much. work.

It's partly due to their only being 18 months apart but it's also their personalities.

Reed is a ball of out of control energy.  He is a mess maker, a wall drawer, a puncher, a biter, a runner (he loves to run anytime he needs to get to a different room and takes a few "starting" steps first, like a car spinning its wheels before it goes :D), and a rough houser.

And Adelyn is a whiner and a crier. She has spent much of her life crying. :(

But they're also the sweetest together.  Reed LOVES Adelyn.  When he's not trying to make her cry just for the reaction (Addie often cries as soon as Reed even gets close), he is her fierce defender and can be really gentle with her.  It's pretty much the only time that Reed is gentle with anything!

Sometimes I can't help it - I can't wait for them to get a little older so they'll become a little easier. But most of the time I try to remember how truly short this time is going to be so I try to revel in it a little - Addie tears and all!





0 comments: