In the night, I lay awake listening to little man's heart struggle (we really need to name him, huh?) and, emotional and tired, I started thinking about all the frustrations this has brought and mentally racking them up for a blog post today.
Then this morning I opened the magazine I brought full of messages from leaders in our Church from last October's General Conference. The first article I read happened to be about faith and it brought me to tears and to my knees.
Elder Marcas B. Nash of the Quorum of the Seventy told a story about hiking in the mountains of Peru on a steep trail with a metal handrail. The handrail had been put there after several hikers lost their lives over the steep edge. Elder Nash likened the need for this handrail to the need we have for Heavenly Father's guidance in this mortal existence. Elder Nash also used the story of the Apostle Peter, who walked on water toward the Savior until he doubted and became afraid and started to sink. He warned that doubt and fear act as distractions from and underminers of faith.
I realized that I've from time to time let myself sink into fear and doubts lately and, while it hasn't zapped my faith, it has made it difficult to see beyond the fear and doubts. We still have no idea how this whole process is going to work out and it's sometimes really hard to have patience. No matter the outcome, though, I'm glad to have faith to get me through it!
We had another ultrasound today. Baby's heart has been up for the last 51 hours straight. The baby had more fluid accumulation but not as much as the doctor thought would be there, given how long he's been at a high bpm. We got some 4D pictures of his sweet little face and it is just precious! Hopefully we'll know in the next day or two that this drug is working!
7 comments:
JUST taught a lesson on Faith to the YW today...hot topic! Our faith can be so sustaining...life without it is like a hole in the bottom of a boat!! I love you and am praying for you guys fervently.
I can't help but think of the CES fireside by Elder Bednar he gave March 3. This talk was centered around our Faith and not shrinking. I hope you can listen to it to buoy you up when you are down. I WISH SO MUCH I COULD BE THERE.
I remember well the days of sitting in the hospital alone with my thoughts, slowly freaking out. :) I'm sorry you have to experience it too. I do remember feeling and seeing more angels (on both sides of the veil) during my times at the hospital with my babies. I will never forget the experiences that happened to me in my darkest hours and the comfort I felt. I know you will feel it too.
We have been loving Elder Holland's talk, "The First Great Commandment" and Elder Eyring's talk, "Mountains to Climb" lately in our own struggles.
I'd love to visit you. Where are you?
Keep the updates coming Becky! I've found I'm having a hard time focusing on everything else I've got going on, I keep worrying and wondering about you and your baby! I'm glad that talk helped you out. I love it when we read or hear things that immediately fit our situation and help us see things in a different light. And after reading another comment on here (the Sheffer's) I feel strongly like I should also comment about angels. There have been three different times in our lives, since having kids, where they have been seriously sick - hospital stuff - and we've been beyond worried about them. Each time Danen has given them a blessing and each time it has talked about angels surrounding our children. Angels from the other side of the veil. Angels who are family members who have gone before us. They have been beyond powerful blessings and we have received sacred witnesses that it's true. I just had a feeling to tell you, I'm sure the same thing is happening to you right now. Even if you don't know it.
Somehow I just found out you were in the hospital Yesterday! Things sound hopeful. I'm sorry you have to go through all this worry, but you sound like you are handling it with great faith. We are sending great love and prayers your way.
Becky and Jaron
Oh my heart is breaking. I had no idea this was going on and here I ask you when you are due on facebook. I wish I was there to help you. I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. You are a woman of great faith Becky. You have always been such an example of that to me. You guys are in our prayers. What a blessing we have knowing the things we know. I could never ever imagine my life without the gospel. We love you guys.
Hug from me today wish I was there to keep you company. Thanks for your thoughts on faith.
Post a Comment