Sunday, March 3, 2013

Snow Day - Take Two

Three days after we got our historic twelve inches of snow, we got hit with another storm that dropped about another nine inches on us.
Again, it was the awesome wet stuff that is perfect for building.
 Eli, Gracen, and I built a tunnel out of the mound from shoveling the walks...
 ...and Daddy and Alden built a fort for a snowball fight.
Incoming!
 Not much cuter than a roly-poly snowsuit toddler making snow angels.
 The next day we went and dug out a friend and drove past a freshly plowed parking lot on the way home.  The "mountains" were too tempting.
We took along some colored water spray bottles.  We just got done reading the first Harry Potter book so Eli had a lot of fun making a "unicorn blood trail" through the "Forbidden forest."
 I love snow days in the city.  I like how they seem to slow life down for a day or two.

2 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

this is awesome!! we haven't had any good snow like that in forever! wish we could come play with you guys, you are always having so much fun!!

Christal said...

I just can't believe how much snow there is! In our 9 years there....NEVER that much! Awesome!