Saturday, March 9, 2013

Plan B

Has this process really only been five days?!  

It feels like forever since I was home with my family, not appreciating their daily sights and sounds near enough.  I can't tell you how sweet my kids' little voices sound on the phone!

We had our first setback last night.  Baby's heartbeat went up and still hasn't come back down.  The neonatologist has started me on a second drug therapy in hopes that it will make a more permanent change in baby.  This one is a little more aggressive so I've got five more wires hanging from the bottom of my shirt as a telemetric EKG keeps tabs on my heart.  The baby will be assessed for hydrops (fluid on the heart and lungs and in the abdomen) tomorrow morning and we'll determine if a more invasive form of treatment is necessary.  In the meantime, I've been given steroids as a precaution in case preterm delivery is required.

Sigh.

I am comforted by the doctor and how open he is in explaining options and treatments and outcomes to me.  I'm also comforted by the articles I read on the internet.  While there are terrible outcomes, for the most part fetal outcomes seem to be pretty good.

I'm also incredibly buoyed up by the amount of prayers I know are going up in our behalf.  Our names are on the prayer rolls of temples in two countries.  Thank you to the countless friends and family who are keeping us in mind!

5 comments:

whitney said...

Oh, Becky, honey, you're in my prayers and thoughts for sure. Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Kimberly said...

I wish so desperately that I was there to help! I hope that there is someone there to watch the kids at least part of the time so Jaron can be with you. We'll keep praying! And I can put your name in about 10 temples here! :)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Just know you are loved so dearly by so many.
Most importantly, I know that the Lord loves you and will buoy you up.
Wish I could be there to give you a real hug.
Keep hanging in there.

jdrew said...

Remember you are loved and thought of often. Hugs to you and your family!

Sheffer's said...

Oh no. Steroids! Uggggh. I'm sorry. If you need a sympathetic ear, call me. :) I've been there. I'm so sorry you have to endure this trial. You are in my prayers.