Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Good-bye Saba

I am choking up as I write this post!
I can't believe that our time on Saba has come to an end.  I know a lot of you are probably thinking that I should be glad to move on since this experience has brought us so many challenges.  But I have grown so much during our time here!  I will forever be grateful for the things that these last 16 months have taught me.  I am definitely a changed person for having lived here and for what I've learned while here!

We hit the airport Monday morning.  In no time, our plane arrived to whisk us off the island for perhaps forever.  The finality of that is so hard for me to accept!
Before I knew it, we were whirring down the world's shortest runway for the last time.
And just like that, Saba was gone!
But we're not back in the States yet...St. Maarten vacation, here we come!

1 comments:

Sheryl said...

Matt and I have loved reading your blog. I feel very sad that you are leaving Saba. I can totally see how even though it had its challenges, living there was a really great opportunity. Sometimes I really wish that I didn't have all the distractions that we have here. A good, simple life, that's what I think you had in Saba.

Best of luck in your future endeavors