First off, this flower is one of the coolest flowers I've ever seen!
The horizon here is usually clouded by the humidity. Yesterday it was crystal clear so we took the opportunity to go down to Well's Bay (home of the beach that is there 6 months out of the year but never came this year) to try to watch the sunset. They say there's a "green flash" right when the sun dips below the oceanic horizon. Unfortunately, it was too cloudy to see much of the colorful sky or its reflection on the water. But it was still beautiful and still good to get out as a family!
Jaron had 2 finals yesterday (and only 1 more to go!) and took the rest of the day off to be with us. It was so weird to be actually going somewhere with Jaron and when I said that, we figured out that it has probably been about TWO MONTHS since we have left the house together!! Geesh! I guess that's what happens when med school demands 14 hour days out of Jaron. Unfortunately, I think we have a few more years of this "Jaronlessness" to go.
But I digress, back to the sunset:
A lot of people don't go down to Well's Bay, even when the beach is there, because of these crazy steep cliffs that have been known to shed a few rocks here and there!
I like this picture. It captures the kids perfectly (and yes, they're in their pajamas!). Alden is telling us how it is because, well, he seems to know everything lately. And Eli is completely oblivious, just along for the ride. :-)
Lastly, I am SURE going to miss being apart of such a great group as the SOS!!
1 comments:
Those pictures are stunning!
Post a Comment