Saturday was THE clearest day I've ever seen and I tried to get back to the Pyramid House to take pictures but we weren't allowed to come until Sunday which, of course, turned out to be another cloudy, hazy day. But the Pyramid House is still fun. It used to be owned by a Buddhist monk who recently passed away. His yard is full of all kinds of interesting things that I'm not sure of the meaning or purpose of. But it's fun to browse around and see the views!
That last picture is why they call it the pyramid house!
Alden is totally into mazes right now. He would love to have this in his backyard!
I'm not sure what these gongs are for. There's a few of them and they looked like they're the top half of an air tank.
This is the first view where I confirmed that I am terribly afraid of heights!
And at "Land's End," that fear of heights was re-confirmed! It was neat to see the clouds blowing over the island. You get out on the edge there and it is WINDY!!
We found all these little statues of what I presume are Buddha but I could be wrong.
And my favorite sign on the property:
Also, our friend Amanda not only took family photos for us (yet to come....), she loaded us up with sparklers. Do you remember sparklers? They have not crossed my mind in about a decade. The power went off for a few minutes after dark last night and it was the perfect opportunity to light 'em up! The kids LOVED them but poor little Eli has a bubble blister on his finger where he grabbed one.

P.S. This morning we did the sulphur mine trail and I forgot my camera!! I'm bummed - the trail is right to the cliff edge by the mines and it was amazing (and WINDY!!).
3 comments:
all your posts make me want to move there! it looks beautiful
YES, of course I remember sparklers! But I don't remember EVER being allowed to do them indoors! lol...what lucky kids. :) And I love all the treasures you are finding to visit there in your last weeks on the Island. Looks super fun.
One place I have never been. That looks really fun.
Post a Comment